Re: Sample rate warning

To: HUOA@aol.com, <geez@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Sample rate warning
From: Dick Rasmussen <rasmussend@mindspring.com>
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2001 19:49:13 -0500
At 09:42 AM 3/5/01 EST, HUOA@aol.com wrote:
>I'm getting a sample rate warning when using GEEZ with my palm.  Anyone
have the steps needed to hard reset the palm without losing all the data?

>TIA,
>Rich Wayne

Rich,

This is an "unofficial" response since Byron must not be available:

1) I didn't begin to have sample rate warnings until I installed the
10/7/00 version of G-record.prc.

2) I went back to the 1/26/00 version of G-record and the warnings went away.

3) Hard resetting my Palm III made no difference . . . but since it was
only used for G-cube stuff (and not much of it), I suspect that if there is
a problem with my Palm III the hard reset isn't the solution

4) A hard reset means that you have to "reinstall" all applications. For
some reason when I did it all the GEEZ stuff ended up in a bunch of .gcd
files. I had to delete them and reinstall GEEZ on the Palm. I followed the
hot sync back up instructions that Byron gave us a while back.

By the way, "desk top" runs seem to be as good as real runs for doing this
kind of testing.

Byron had me send him some comparison stuff that will help him figure out
what is going on.

Dick Rasmussen
CM 85
85 Van Diemen RF-85 Formula Ford