Re: Storage space question

To: Chris Turrisi <cturrisi@worldnet.att.net>,
Subject: Re: Storage space question
From: Dick Rasmussen <rasmussend@mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2001 18:35:17 -0500
At 01:25 PM 3/14/01 -0500, Chris Turrisi wrote:
>I just purchased the racers bundle and have a question about the
>amount of space that is used to store a typical auto-X run on a Palm Vx.
>
>I am trying to figure out how much space I need to keep empty.

According to a post from Byron a few weeks ago:

The Palm limit is 25 minutes per
run.  The memory of the Palm is sufficient to hold much more
than this (2megs = about 4 hours).  The problem is in the
downloading to PC.  This 25 minute barrier is the maximum
single array size we can hold in memory at once.  We keep it
in a single array for speed of execution.  Shortly we'll
simply add on more arrays and different methods to page to
those arrays to bring us up to a much larger memory.  We are
currently thinking about 125 minutes as our final memory
upper limit.

Dick Rasmussen
CM 85
85 Van Diemen RF-85 Formula Ford