Re: Is it soup yet?

To: "Brent Cary" <BCARY@indygov.org>
Subject: Re: Is it soup yet?
From: "Byron Short" <bshort@AFSinc.com>
Date: Sun, 20 May 2001 08:52:13 -0700
Hi Brent,

The folks at Handspring have a G-Cube and are testing it with their
device, using a variety of aftermarket serial ports.  (Remember, the
Visor doesn't have a serial port, which is where the trouble begins.
The aftermarket serial ports that are available don't all produce normal
voltages.  Don't ask me why...seems strange to me to produce a "serial"
port that isn't actually compatible with normal serial transmission.)

But in the mean time, for a cheap solution, I suggest the Palm M100.
It's $129, and at 2megs will hold 4 hours of GEEZ data, and it even
comes with the correct cable for GEEZ, so you spend nothing else.  The
other Palms are somewhat cooler, say the Vx model.  Slimmer, and with
8megs.  Or the new M505...sort of a V shape, 8 megs, and with a card
slot in the rear for expandability, kinda like the Visor.

I guess it depends on your needs.  If you want it to work just with
GEEZ, definitely spend the $129 for the M100.  If you want to use it for
work, but what you need for the applications you choose and GEEZ will
work just find on any of the new Palms.

--Byron
  888-909-0818

Brent Cary wrote:

> Hi, GEEZers !!
> I'm going to take the plunge and buy a Palm-something.  I like the Handspring
>Visor, but I seem to remember that the serial port is not
right for the GEEZ.  An

///
///  geez@autox.team.net mailing list
///