GPS, Dataloggers & GEEZ?

To: GEEZ List <geez@autox.team.net>
Subject: GPS, Dataloggers & GEEZ?
From: Ron Katona <rkatona@bellatlantic.net>
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2002 14:25:25 -0500
I've always wondered if commercial GPS receivers are getting accurate
enough that combining it with accelerometer based systems might create a
better G-Cube. Seems someone else already had the idea:
<http://www.race-technology.com/WebPage/Products/Logger/DL90Home.html>.

The only thing is that this product (for all it's wonderful
functionality) isn't autocross centric. I'd love to see Byron's Extreme
GEEZ software running off data from this machine as well as being able
to use its proprietary software for other analysis.

Looks like the price is about $750-$800 USD depending on the exchange
rate. Not in the same market as the G-Cube, but not extremely far out
when you consider more exotic data loggers.

Byron, any chance you'd be interested in writing GEEZ to work with a
system like this just as it did with the G-Analyst?
--
Ron Katona

///