Re: Leaving G-Cube in my car all the time

To: "Thomas C. Smith" <tsmith@en.com>
Subject: Re: Leaving G-Cube in my car all the time
From: "Byron Short" <bshort@AFSinc.com>
Date: Sat, 08 Jun 2002 07:18:30 -0700
Definitive answer: No damage at all.

The internals of the G-Cube are rated to withstand up to
500g's when turned on and 1000g's when turned off.  (This
from the literature on the chips, not that we'd have any way
to test it.)  We encase the internals in a potting compound
which helps absorb further shock, and keeps everything
attached in harsh service.  The vibrations would have be be
severe enough to damage the external parts, like shatter the
case, before the internals would become a problem.

--Byron