Re: Paint Shop Grief / Per hour charges

To: Kent McLean <kentmclean@mindspring.com>,
Subject: Re: Paint Shop Grief / Per hour charges
From: Blue One Hundred <international_investor@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 22:59:24 -0800 (PST)
Kent -

I used to have a '68 Ford Bronco (the small, classic
styled one) with a 289 in it.  2nd coolest car I ever
had after the healey.

The paint was a severely oxidized metallic laquer.  I
went to the local Car Quest, found some paint that
matched the deep blue metalic color ... and painted
over the worst oxidized areas with the paint.  No one
could ever tell the difference.

On my black BJ8, I hit a parked car a few years ago...
err... correction... it hit me... ;-) and scraped a
massive 2" x 4" chunk of paint off under the
headlight.  I bought some nice black gloss at the
local Car Quest and layed a really nice even coat over
the scratched part... you can't tell unless you are
standing less than 5 ft from the car and look for it!
Look at my BJ8 here... you cannot see the blemish:
http://www.seigrist.com/cars.html

Paint's 20 years old now... still looks pretty much
new!

Cheers,

Alan

'53 BN1 '64 BJ8