Re: 100M Carbs Without Cam?

To: Michael Williams <mewilliams@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: 100M Carbs Without Cam?
From: Dave & Marlene <rusd@velocitus.net>
Date: Thu, 01 Apr 2004 01:43:34 -0700
Michael,

Installing the carbs & matching manifolds should certainly increase
power some. Especially with the accompanying  cold air box. A good three
tube header & exhaust system would balance things out for even more power.

As far as I know, the factory installed LeMans cams were done with the
engine in the car. Original 100M cars had a slight bend in the radiator
front X brace to clear the cam on removal. If you do change the cam be
sure to use new cam followers & have ALL of them hardness checked for a
hardness of no less than RC50 to 55 at a machine shop. Use the M
distributor if you change the cam, though I doubt if it makes much
difference.

You can see pics of the X brace, air box clearance modification,  &
quite a few other interesting things here:
http://www.foreverhealeys.com/
Click on "Latest Project - 1956 100M ----"
Click on "100M Index"
Click on ""M" Number Documentation"