Update on fuel pump

To: "healey list" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Update on fuel pump
From: "Keith Pennell" <pennell@cox.net>
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2004 01:57:33 -0500
Listers,

Rich and Dave will share the grand prize!  I finally today got around to
taking another look at my BJ8 fuel pump problem described a couple weeks ago.
I removed the flex line at the carbs and no fuel pumping.  Removing the out
fitting at the pump and the line to the carbs proved clear.

Took the pump off and again checked the gap on the points.  Then I removed the
6 screws holding the body and loosened the diaphragm.  Followed the steps in
the workshop manual on the throwover.  Wound up unscrewing the diaphragm 1/6
turn from what it was.   Reassembled, installed.

Drove the car to my class and home with no problems.  Sure was nice hearing
the growl of the engine and the pleasant drone of the Ansa exhaust.

Thank you to all who gave ideas and prayers
Keith Pennell