Re: seat rails?carpet

To: <EJBJR935@aol.com>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: seat rails?carpet
From: "Rich C" <richchrysler@quickclic.net>
Date: Sat, 3 Apr 2004 21:45:28 -0500
Ed,
>From the floor up, here goes.....
-painted floor
-heavy felt paper (black tarpaper)covering flat floor areas
-thin layer of burlap looking jute underlay covering flat floor areas
-black painted steel strips about 1 1/2" wide x 17" long with the 3
clearance holes for sleeved seat track nuts
-wood spacer strip for seat tracks
-seat tracks with sleeved nuts passing from underside through floor, steel
packing plate and wood packing strip, etc. onto seat track studs.
-carpet piece that goes under seat is slotted to clear seat track assemblies
and installs from the rear, sliding forward under seat. This carpet piece
goes only to approx. front edge of seat tracks.
-carpet is held in place on floor by 4 ring type female carpet snaps passing
through carpet  and snapping onto male studs screwed through jute, etc. into
steel floor. NO GLUE on floor or tunnel carpets. They need to be able to
snap out to dry when you get them wet.
Hope this helps.
Rich