Hundred Carb Studs - Help!!!

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Hundred Carb Studs - Help!!!
From: Claude Vaughn <dncvaughn@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Apr 2004 11:30:27 -0700 (PDT)
Listers,

I have two stripped studs on my BN2 intake manifold.
The studs that the carbs bolt to.  They're not
available anywhere I've tried
(Moss/AHSpares/VB/Surgeons).  I also cannot find a die
to match.  The studs appear to be 3/8 20tpi.  I've
looked in Grainger/Craftsman/HD catalogs and nobody
has a die that size.  I'm going to a machine shop
Monday and see if they can rethread them.  My fear is
that the machine shop will not have the proper die.  I
hate to grind off the ends if there is another
alternative.  I also hate to try and force one of my
new bolts onto it in the hopes of rethreading it and
only boogering it up more.  Are these studs some super
secret size?  I only said they "appear to be" 3/8 20.
I would assume that if they actually were that the die
would be readily available.  Please let me know if
that is the actual size.  I can't wait to try out my
new Curto-ized carbs.

Thanks,
Claude