Re: Reinserting the wiring in the steering stator tube?

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>, <enmcate@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: Reinserting the wiring in the steering stator tube?
From: "Randolph Cooper" <RANDOLPH.COOPER@netl.doe.gov>
Date: Mon, 05 Apr 2004 08:06:30 -0400
Esko,
I used a thin guage of wire (utility type, not electrical) wrapped
around the trafficator lines to pull the wires back through the stator.
You can pull on wire harder than on string, and as I recall, I did have
to pull pretty hard.

Randy Cooper

>>> "Esko & Megan Cate" <enmcate@comcast.net> 4/5/2004 12:35:35 AM >>>
Is there a trick to pulling the wiring for the turn signal and horn
back
into the stator tube?  I pulled a string up through when taking off
the
control head assembly but can't get the wiring to start back down.  Is
it
okay/feasible to take off the end wire tips and solder them back on
after
pulling the bare wires?  Thanks

Esko
BJ7