Re: Fuel level sender

To: <ggilliam@usol.com>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Fuel level sender
From: "Greg Lemon" <glemon@neb.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2004 20:09:33 -0500
The float shouldn't have fluid in it, in all likelihood it is leaking, if it
is an oroginal float it should be metal and soldering would be the best fix,
drain all gas out first and let it air out before applying heat.  If the
hole is really small you may want to drill a new hole or enlarge the
existing one (you will have to solder it up) to make sure it can be drained
fully before you fix it.