Re: Fender Mirrors - Flat or Convex?

To: richchrysler@quickclic.net, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Fender Mirrors - Flat or Convex?
From: N0040@aol.com
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2004 14:20:29 EDT
Just another $0.02 worth.
I have convex on front wings above arches now. Very, very inconvenient,
constantly bumped, in your way while working in engine bay, and impossible to
adjust by yourself,.......   but a classy looking British style.

Had two previous 3000s with door mount and were very convent, always adjusted
properly, and doesn't detract too much from body lines since they're located
in the sight line of the vent window.

Also, you best "vision" on the drivers side, is the window and/or top down,
and listen for cars. (If your riding with earphones and a CD player, you lose
that sense).

There are about 15 million cars/truck produced every year and I can't think
of any that have front fender mounted mirrors. From a safety and best vision
standpoint, they don't cut it.

Regards,
Bob - BJ8
Milford, MI