RE: You be the judge Photos (Transmission questions)

Subject: RE: You be the judge Photos (Transmission questions)
From: "Len and/or Marge" <thehartnetts@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2004 09:33:11 -0700
Tracy:  Don't know if those grooves in the selector fork were put there by
the manufacturer or not but I do remember a tech session years ago where it
was mentioned that if one keeps their hand on the gears shift lever while
driving, enough pressure can be exerted to press the fork against the gear
and cause wear that looks like your picture.  Keeping your hand off the
gear shift lever allows the forks to 'center' and not rub against the gears.

(The Other) Len
Vacaville, CA
1967 3000 MKIII HBJ8L39031