RE: Valve adjustment

To: "'Fred Wescoe'" <fredwescoe@earthlink.net>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Valve adjustment
From: "Michael Salter" <msalter@precisionsportscar.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2004 16:50:14 -0400
Hi Fred,
After installing the rocker shaft and before you turn the engine make
sure that the adjusters are backed well off to prevent bending a pushrod
if the springs become coil bound.
Just set the tappets to their HOT setting plus a couple of thou with the
engine cold. Then warm the engine up thoroughly and readjust them to the
correct setting HOT.

Michael Salter
www.precisionsportscar.com