Wiring Question.

To: Healey List <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Wiring Question.
From: Alan Bromfield <Alan.Bromfield@ntl.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 15:03:30 +0100
Hey Guys.
I've been a bit dumb!
Over the holiday weekend I swapped out the veneer dash of my BJ8 with a
replacement.  The car is an imported Left-Hand Drive and I was able to get a
sparkly new dash from a conversion job.

I merrily stripped all the instruments out and disconnected switches and
wiring with gay abandon (can you say that!).  How difficult can it be
putting those wires back in the right place, I thought.

Everything went right back in with a minimum of fuss - I even switched out
the wiper motor and wheel box gear whilst I was in there ( it was all a bit
sloppy and didn't park).

I checked everything out and it all worked fine - overdrive solenoid clicks
in and out, wipers wipe and park, lighting, horn and indicators all work
correctly.  Hmmmm  - odd, no ignition red light.  Never mind probably just a
bulb.  Started her up and went for a spin.  Revcounter counting like a
good'un and fuel gauge teetering about just like it always does.

Then I got back from my circuit, parked up and switched off the ignition.
Engine still running!  Not running on you understand - running!  I can drive
her - Ooops!

Diagnosis showed that if I take the bulb out of the ignition warning light
circuit the engine will start and stop like it should.  The bulb is good but
never lights when in the holder.  The circuit is the white ignition
controlled wire and the brown/yellow warning light wire.

Any ideas out there what I'm missing?

Alan Bromfield

http://www.nfahc.co.uk <http://www.nfahc.co.uk>
BJ8 Driver
BN4 Project

The contents of this email and any attachments are sent for the personal
attention
of the addressee(s) only and may be confidential.  If you are not the intended
addressee, any use, disclosure or copying of this email and any attachments is
unauthorised - please notify the sender by return and delete the message.  Any
representations or commitments expressed in this email are subject to contract.

ntl Group Limited