Re: Starter click, click, click....

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Starter click, click, click....
From: "Neil Trelenberg" <neilberg@telus.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 22:36:35 -0700
The "starter click" or solenoid which is mounted on the firewall if bought
new in the last 5 years or so could be the culprit. The period repos from
Moss where a complete pile. I went through 4 of them and they finally gave
me the 5th. The last one was slightly different from the last 4 suggesting
that some changes had been made or a new jobber had been selected to repo
them. The soleniod would click nicely but nothing was getting to the
starter. So when you push the starter button have someone check the lead to
the starter. Usually when the solenoid craps out you hear nothing but not
with these ones. Now boys don't get upset about me knocking Moss...I'm not
it's just where it came from. I am grateful they are around and that is my
opinion....Neil