Re: Early BN1 - Wood strips

To: "Blue One Hundred" <international_investor@yahoo.com>,
Subject: Re: Early BN1 - Wood strips
From: "Rich C" <richchrysler@quickclic.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 00:45:29 -0400
Hi Alan,
The earliest BN1's had a felt paper (tarpaper) lamination on the bare
painted floor only covering up to the front edge of the seat position, then
3/4" thick wood packing strips were installed between the metal seat pans
and the floor. Captive threaded plates were fastened under the floor and the
seat bolts anchored into them, with a couple of positions possible due to
the choice of holes in the metal seat pans.
A good picture of this arrangement can be seen on Larry Varley' site
www.acmefluid.com.au/larry/  regarding Blair Harber's restoration of
BN1l138031, the first production car., and check out the last installment of
its restoration.
Meanwhile I'm beginning final assembly of another early one, body #156.
Gotta love 'em!
Rich C.