Re: Line Bore Consequences

To: Mike MacLean <macleans@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: Line Bore Consequences
From: John Harper <AH@jharper.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 08:22:57 +0100
Mike

I know somebody who did this. The boring was carefully set up so
virtually nothing was taken out of the block. The alien caps had
something of the order of 10 thou machined off their flat faces. Most
machining then took place in the caps. One side effect is that there
might not be so good a seal between the sump and the end caps but
careful use of something like Hymolar should be enough. I wouldn't worry
about the timing chain. The tensioning ring will take up a few thou.

All the best

--
John Harper