Rattle

To: "healeylist" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Rattle
From: "Bob Spidell" <bspidell@pacbell.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2004 06:18:05 -0700
Having reduced the rattles overall on my BJ8 I noticed one of the
remaining rattles comes from the windshield vent windows (think
that's what they're called) knocking against the windshield pillar.
They're bolted-in properly, it just seems that they don't seat firmly
against the pillar.  Also, the correct seals--rubber and otherwise--are
in place.  It may be there is just too much flex on the window glass
channel for it to seat firmly against the pillar with the door closed, or
the fact the vent structure is just sheet metal-screwed into the door
(if I recall).

Anyone else noticed this?  Anyone have a fix?

TIA,

bs

Bob Spidell         San Jose, CA        bspidell@pacbell.net