Re: Rear shroud rivets or screws?

To: "Kenny Johnson" <theswed@hotmail.com>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Rear shroud rivets or screws?
From: "Keith Pennell" <pennell@cox.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2004 19:48:47 -0400
Kenny,

Flat head rivets are correct.  They are hard to find in your typical retail
stores but I understand Nock and maybe some of the others have them.

One other word here . . . They are a bit difficult to get in as you have to
have a heavy, hard thing (no jokes listers) against the rivet head on the
outside and hammer the other end from below the trunk floor.  Can't alwasy
get a good, sharp, properly directed blow on the rivet.  To protect the
trunk floor tape a piece of pasteboard on the underside.

As an alternative and what I usually do just use pop rivets from the outside
and when all are installed put a dab of body filler over the head.  Sand
flat later and you cannot tell the difference.

Keith Pennell