Re- She's running. Wow! Loud! But clutch prob.

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re- She's running. Wow! Loud! But clutch prob.
From: mike brooks <hypercubic@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2004 08:17:18 -0700 (PDT)
Scott,

Same thing  happened to me first time out in a Triumph engined Lotus 7 replica
I built a few years ago. The reason for the problem was lack of clutch release
travel. Mine was marginal when cold [ie. clutch would just release] but would
not release after it had heated up a few miles into a run. In my case, the
problem was mechanical - the clutch pedal was not going far enough towards the
floor. Worth checking nothing is getting in the way of full pedal travel before
having another go at the hydraulics. Could be something as simple as too thick
a carpet??

By the way, if it was air in the hydraulics, pumping the pedal several times
would get the clutch releasing correctly.

Good luck

Mike

56 BN2