leaky gas tank at sending unit ??

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: leaky gas tank at sending unit ??
From: "Big Sixer" <healey@ledwith.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2004 17:35:17 -0400
I just filled my gas tank for the first time and it leaks. My gas tank is new.
The sending unit new from Nissongers, with a new gasket, however it is leaking
between the unit and the tank. I've tightened the screws, but I'm afraid of
overtightening the screws holding it to the tank as I've done that before and
had it wharp the sending unit.

Are there any special gaskets that I can use? My last gas tank and sending
unit always leaked, so my car always smelled like gas. Is there any answer out
there for this problem?

Ryan
BJ7