fine example of the mark

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: fine example of the mark
From: "Ron Davies" <rdavies1@cox.net>
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2004 22:25:13 -0700
An interesting thing happened to me this Saturday morning at the Newport
Beach Crystal Cove informal car show.
I've slowly turned my 67 BJ8 from a 20 footer to a solid driver 7 footer
over the last 22 months but I still have the 1971 paint so I've never, ever
considered it near Concours. The engine compartment is totally original with
67k miles of wear.

Well, amid the classic Jags, Ferraris, Vets, Beemers and Mercedes at the
show someone came up to me and handed me an entry form for the Concours
d'Elegance Muckenthaler Motor Car Festival in May saying I was pre-approved
and didn't need to send a photo with the entry form. I did my best imitation
of "are you talking to me?" explaining my car was an excellent driver but
hardly Concours. Straight faced he said it was a fine example of a classic
sports car and they would love me to bring it. I was between a Jag 120 and
XKE in great condition but he didn't ask them!
Just goes to show that a Healey in pretty good shape (all new interior) will
still turn heads.  Too bad I have another engagement that weekend.
Ron
67 BJ8
37444