Re: Overdive problem

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Overdive problem
From: john sawyer <jrsawyer2002@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 20:13:09 -0700 (PDT)
The overdrive on my frame up BJ8 project has me stumped. The electrical control
seems to work correctly but the unit will not engage.  I have set the
adjustment lever following the Haynes manual, the operating valve checks out OK
the vent hole is clear etc. I also have driven the car with the tunnel off and
manually moved the control lever to the on position to no effect.
Any suggestions?  I have heard about a recall of ND 30 weight oil from Autozone
they were my source for the gearbox oil, anybody heard about that?

John Sawyer 65 BJ8