Re: NEOAHC Show and Swap Meet - delete if the sun is shining

To: Healey List <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: NEOAHC Show and Swap Meet - delete if the sun is shining
From: John Peak <redbn7@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 2 May 2004 19:31:22 -0700 (PDT)
--- Charley Braum <cbaustin@verizon.net> wrote:

>     ps: Eat your hearts out, you people from the
> lands-of-constant-sunshine!
> You are missing so much, like using the choke for 50
> miles until the engine
> warms up!! A bit of cardboard in the grille helps
> too.

Charley,

I'm not missing it one damn bit!  I spent 47 years of
my life in the cold, soggy Pacific Northwest, 26 of
those as an owner of ragtop sportscars (13 as my only
car).  That was plenty for me.  now I live in sunny
south Florida.  I drove the Healey to work today, will
probably drive it again tomorrow.  Haven't put the top
up since we moved here.  Eat YOUR heart out!

John
'59 BN7