Re: what color scheme do you have on your Healey?

To: international_investor@yahoo.com, design@soltec.net,
Subject: Re: what color scheme do you have on your Healey?
From: Jwhlyadv@aol.com
Date: Thu, 6 May 2004 16:55:40 EDT
In a former occupation as a fleet manager for a large rental car company I
was involved with supervising car sale lots. Two-toning was a favorite trick
when I had too many cars of the same color or cars that would not sell. Very
cheap to do especially if you had a lot of door dings and were going to be
doing
body work anyway. Two-toned cars always made more profit yield and we all got a
piece as commission.

My guess is that many of the cars were originally two-toned by dealers
attempting to move units or raise profit margins, not by the factory's sense of
aesthetics.

Thanks,

Jim Werner
Louisville, KY

[demime 0.99d.1 removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of
aolbn43.jpg]