Re: Jumping out of overdrive.

To: <Simonlachlan@aol.com>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Jumping out of overdrive.
From: "frogeye" <frogeye@swcp.com>
Date: Sat, 8 May 2004 07:33:59 -0600
Simon,
 I saw this only once before, where the kickdown switch behaved as if it was
a kickdown on an automatic transmission. ( downshift at WOT, then back to
top gear after the throttle is relaxed). I never got to look further into
the problem, but I suspect that it is the O/D relay that is misbehaving. I'd
start there.
Dave
Frogeye@SWCP.com Taos Garage Annex in Albuquerque
'62 BT7 MK II,  '54 BN1,  '62 Fiat 1600S
http://www.britishcarforum.com/TaosAnnex.html