Clutch tech question

To: "healey list" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Clutch tech question
From: "Bill Lawrence" <ynotink@qwest.net>
Date: Sat, 8 May 2004 21:24:56 -0700
While I have my transmission out i checked the throw-out bearing and
discovered that it is well and truly screwed. Due to the lack of a
washer and c-clip on the actuator shaft it has been running off center
and creating a cool pattern of non-concentric circles.

I have found another bearing, but it is not identical. The application
is an early BN1 and the bearing that came out has a distance from the
face to the back of the operating pins of approximately 1.25 inches.
The replacement has a distance measurement of approximately 1.5 inches.
I am not sure that the old one was correct, but it did work. Can anyone
tell me if the new one will work or do I need to find another short
one?

Thanks.

Bill Lawrence