RE: tire presure

To: tom felts <tomfelts@earthlink.net>,
Subject: RE: tire presure
From: PETER DAVIS <paddymck@peoplepc.com>
Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 21:14:04 -0400 (GMT-04:00)
I would think that 38psi with 185 section in a 2300-2400lb car could be
bouncing a bit.  I was using a 30-32psi in the same tire/wheel combination with
tubes on a BN2 which is a bit lighter and getting a good ride and grip.  Much
less gave too much front end under steer.  Now I am running 590-15 RS5 bias
plies on 4in 48 spoke rims, also with tubes, at 28/30psi front/back and having
much more fun listening to the back end sliding but the breakaway is much more
progressive and the ride is good.  Extra bonus is the 0.5in higher ride stops
me grounding my side exhaust on fast right handers.

Peter Davis