Re: Ignorant

To: Scott Willis <ahpowered@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Ignorant
From: Dave & Marlene <rusd@velocitus.net>
Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 23:36:42 -0600
Scott,

You can see what a pilot bearing puller looks like here;
http://tools.batauto.com/index.php?crn=107&rn=620&action=show_detail
You can probably rent one at your local tool rental shop & they will
tell you how to use it. Not really difficult.

Or you can screw around with all sorts of makeshift things that might or
might not work & spend a couple of days at it. The favorite idea is to
fill the hole with grease & pound a tight fitting mandrel down the hole.
It has never worked for me.  People have split them with chisels or
drills to remove & tried most everything else imaginable.

Good luck,

Dave Russell