RE: choke cable

To: "GuyMark Studios" <guymark.studios@snet.net>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: choke cable
From: "Peter Schauss" <schauss@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Fri, 14 May 2004 20:02:17 -0400
I used a BJ8 cable on mine.

Peter Schauss
1980 MGB
1963 BJ7

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-healeys@autox.team.net
[mailto:owner-healeys@autox.team.net]On Behalf Of GuyMark Studios
Sent: Friday, May 14, 2004 12:31 PM
To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: choke cable

Good Afternoon All,
Went to move my 63 BJ7 this morning and the choke cable seized up in the
open
position. Easily removed it and found that one of the strands of wire coiled
itself around the rest and jamed inside. No problem cutting the one but the
end was so frayed that I snipped ever so little off and now it is painfully
too short I think. The easiest thing for me to do is to get a new one form
Moss for $21+ dollars. The cable for a BJ7 is N/A so they recommend the one
for the BJ8. Is it safe to assume that this is going to work just fine. With
the last one I got the outside wrap was fine and they had the inside longer
than needed do it just had to be trimmed once it was in place. BOTTOM LINE:
Is
the BJ8 chock cable going to work fo my BJ7?
Thank you,
Guy G.