Rattle when I lift off the gas?

To: <Healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Rattle when I lift off the gas?
From: "Patton Dickson" <kpdii@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 15 May 2004 14:04:49 -0500
I had the car out today and everything was pretty good.  I had the car up to
70 for a while and the motor sounded nice.  It ran a little warmer than I
wanted it to ~195, so I will have to address that.

The car did have fair amount of what I am assuming was scuttle shake
starting just over 60.  It shook off my rear tag and bracket :(.  Also, it
developed a rattle sound when I let off of the gas.  If the clutch is
depressed it goes away.  Does that point to anything?  I could easily have
been something in the boot or the exhaust, but going away when the clutch
was in seemed "significant"

I also took the car to a local paint guy to look get an estimate.  He has
room for the car now, and the price is right, but it would be their first
Healey.  I have to make a decision this week.

Patton

Patton Dickson - Richmond, TX
'57 A-H 100-Six - http://Austin-Healeys.com