RE: MSN.com hoax

To: healey help <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: MSN.com hoax
From: "Vink, Graham" <vinkg@fleishman.com>
Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 23:29:30 -0500
another similar scam that I get from time to time is an email that
appears to come from E-Bay.com asking for my password and log-on.

I also regularly receive emails that appear to come from my company's
tech support site, asking me to check the attached file - which is the
same virus that everyone has been getting for what seems like six
months.

The process of "hijacking" a legitimate e-mail address is called
spoofing, but I confess I don't know how it works (although in my next
life I plan to be an extremely rich, successful and uncatchable
criminal, so I will undoubtedly learn the process backwards and
forwards).

--Grahamn