RE: Rattle when I lift off the gas? (HAPPY UPDATE)

To: <Healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Rattle when I lift off the gas? (HAPPY UPDATE)
From: "Patton Dickson" <kpdii@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 23 May 2004 16:11:43 -0500
I figured out what the rattle was.... The hood prop rod popped out of the
rubber clip.  The sound appeared to come from behind me, but I put the rod
back and the sound is gone.  I like free and easy solutions.

Overall the car ran great today, pushed it up to 75 again, the shake is not
that bad, but I will start looking for a place to balance the wheels.

I still need to address the heat issue, in today's 89 degree Houston heat,
the gauge was reading just over 190 again (of course may gauge could be
wrong).  I learned the lesson not to wear sandals while driving or you will
get the hot foot.

Also, I am still looking for the license tag brackets to replace the ones I
lost.

Thanks
Patton
Patton Dickson - Richmond, TX
'57 A-H 100-Six - http://Austin-Healeys.com
Please see my parts wanted list at the site...