Re: Once again: hard to start, runs on after engine turned

To: international_investor@yahoo.com, healey@ledwith.com,
Subject: Re: Once again: hard to start, runs on after engine turned
From: N5572B@aol.com
Date: Sun, 23 May 2004 21:46:34 EDT
In a message dated 5/23/04 6:23:18 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
international_investor@yahoo.com writes:
The running on is caused probably by using low octane
gas
Also can be caused by too high an idle.  Cheap gas is a likely culprit.
Possibly too hot a spark plug???  The clutch trick does work but I wouldn't
drop
it, just engage it normally with foot on the brake and it will stop.

The slow start is likely caused by no gas in the float bowls, turn on the key
and wait until the fuel pump stops ticking, unless you have one that doesn't
tick, then you have to go by time and ten seconds sound about right.  Could be
lean also...
Dave 59 BT7 soon to be running (I have to keep putting this in so I will keep
working at getting it that way, positive reinforcement...)