Transmission rebuild question

To: Healey list <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Transmission rebuild question
From: Ron Fine <RonFineEsq@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 13:42:10 -0700
    Another quick question.  I assume that the little rubber bumper pad
that is located in the bell housing to stop or cushion the gear shift
fork rods at the end of their travel (forward toward the engine) needs
to be glued in place?  My original pad just fell out in pieces but there
appears to be some residue left in the space.  Perhaps some type of
glue?  Does anyone have a suggestion for a glue that will bond rubber to
metal and withstand the heat and oil of the transmission??
Thanks for any help.
Ron
61BN7 (engine and transmission done;  looking for paint and body shop in
Southern California )