DM6A-type distributor springs

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: DM6A-type distributor springs
From: "Frenken, Eric" <efrenken@lctax.de>
Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 13:28:56 +0200
Hi all,

wanted to install my Pertronix Ignitor set and found out, that something is
wrong on the mechanical advance of my distributor. I turned the rotor ccw (i.e.
in running direction) and after letting it loose I was astonished that the
rotor stayed there instead of moving back to its former position. After having
taken out the base plate I saw that the po had installed two completely
different springs (those little springs that pull back the bob weights), from
which I think none is the right one. I guess this explains the backfiring while
decelerating.
My problem now is it seems that these springs for the DM6A aren't available
anymore. I tried several companies (US, UK, European) and none of them is able
to provide them. Now I'm looking for the best solution and asked myself if
someone on the list has a work-around on this problem. Has someone had the same
problem and how did you solve it? Are there companies which still sell these
springs? Do you know a suitable alternative?

Any hint will highly be appreciated.

Regards

Eric            BT7
Heinsberg/Germany