RE: Re thermostat

To: "'Jonathan and Carole Quandt'" <fourqz@earthlink.net>,
Subject: RE: Re thermostat
From: Rizzo Steven D LtCol AETC/XPRU <Steven.Rizzo@RANDOLPH.AF.MIL>
Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 07:29:02 -0500
My two cents:  I haven't had any overheating issues (knock on wood!) since I
had my radiator recored in 1973.  When I bought the car the PO had not used
antifreeze in it and the radiator very quickly clogged completely with the
rust particles that broke free.  The car had been sitting for quite a while
and I guess in Sacramento, CA, the PO figured why waste money on antifreeze?
Anyway, the car has done well with the more modern core that was installed
then.   STever