RE: Special Tool

To: "Esko & Megan Cate" <enmcate@comcast.net>,
Subject: RE: Special Tool
From: "tom felts" <tomfelts@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 30 May 2004 07:43:35 -0400
Interesting discussion---I just finished installing my oil/water guage
(BJ8) and had to use a short 1/2 " wrench to tighten the nut on the oil
line.  PITA!!!  But finally got it in there.  Also, when you install these
don't forget there is a small paper gasket that goes over the nipple.  I
had to make one as mine had fallen apart.

tom

<healeys@autox.team.net>
> Date: 5/28/04 9:40:22 PM
> Subject: RE: Special Tool
>
> For those of you who are willing to spend a bit, rather than make your
own,
> Wright Tools has a 3/8" Drive Crowfoot Wrench, Flare Nut 5/8" Nut 12 pt,
> Part number 1060, that fits in there nicely.  It looks like a tubing
wrench
> head with a 3/8" drive receptacle offset to the side.  With a flex
extender,
> I was able to tighten up the probe on a newly rebuilt temp/pressure gauge
> easily (without taking off the water hose).  They are a bit pricey, like
$20
> with tax up here.  Then it started, first this year, but was raining (like
> it always does in Seattle), so have to put off the first drive.  Next
issue
> is to find my &%)$%# volt meter and see if it is charging OK.
>
> Esko
> BJ7

On