Re: Works Rally cars & Cam Questions

To: John Soderling <jsoderling@astound.net>
Subject: Re: Works Rally cars & Cam Questions
From: Eric Wilkins <wilko2@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2004 12:02:06 -0700
For the first question, I'll be adding a section to my website that
will cover various works rally specs as my car is a semi attempt at
making a rally performing car.

Second question, I hear that term 3/4 used from time to time. I'm
pretty sure it is a a general term for a cam that is ground to be more
aggressive than stock, yet not as aggressive as a race cam. 3/4 of the
performance maximum.
For a Healey that could mean most cams ground for higher lift and
slightly longer duration. The BJ8 cam is the best stock cam that was
used and in the case of a 100 Six the BJ8 cam could be called a 3/4
grind.
I've got a reground cam that is higher lift of .425" and longer
duration of 260 degrees. That would called a 3/4 cam too. Factory for a
BJ8 would be .3145 lift and 252 degrees duration.

Rick
San Diego
ewilkins.com/wilko