Re: adjustable steering column

To: "Brian R. Jones" <BJones@jonesglenn.com>,
Subject: Re: adjustable steering column
From: Earl Kagna <kags@shaw.ca>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 11:35:17 -0700
Brian:

Hard to do alone.  Try with two people - one sitting in the drivers seat
holding the steering wheel, and the second squatting beside the car with
both hands wrapped around the nut (the guy with the strongest wrists on the
nut) - easier to turn the wheel to the left against the nut.  As Keith
suggests, if necessary, go to the belt, then to the large pipe wrench with a
cloth wadded up between the jaws and the nut to prevent damaging the nut as
much as possible.

Earl Kagna
Victoria, B.C.
BT7 tri-carb