Laygear for BJ8 Transmission

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Laygear for BJ8 Transmission
From: "James E Austin, Jr." <ahbugeye1@juno.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 15:27:41 -0400
I'm getting ready to send my laygear ( 22B141) off to A.H Spares for an
exchange.  When I  disassemble the part I found something that the
Mechanical Service Parts List nor  any of the parts catalogs show.  There
seems to be two pieces of the  spacer bearing (22B196).  I have been able
to get one piece of the bearing spacer out which is about 1" long, it has
a slit all the way through the part.  The other piece, which is longer
and no split, has not moved as of yet.  Does this part come out  and is
this an unusual situation?
Thanks in advance.

Sam Austin