heater blower mounting

To: list healey <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: heater blower mounting
From: linwood rose <linwoodrose@mac.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 18:28:41 -0400
Hello all,
For the 60 BT7, I have seen the Smiths heater blower brackets attached
to the inner fender with washers and "J"  nuts. I have also seen the
brackets mounted through rubber grommets into the inner fender. Which
is correct? Were grommets added on later cars or did they all have
them? When I disassembled my car it did not have the rubber grommets.

For those who may have followed my earlier question about improved
cockpit ventilation, I have decided to install the Smith's heater
blower to move fresh air ( I am using a modern heater supplied by Cape
Int. that doesn't require the Smith's blower). I will give an account
to the list of what was reported to me by others after the weekend. I
am headed to Pittsburgh for the car show and vintage car races.

Thanks.
Lin
1960 BT7 in restoration
1959 Bugeye