Oil Pumps for 29E engine

To: "Healey List" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Oil Pumps for 29E engine
From: "Brashear, Jack, N" <JNBrashear@garverengineers.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 09:52:55 -0500
Hi All, I'd like some feedback on who actually Manufactures Good Quality
oil pumps.  I know lots of places to buy oil pumps but I also know that
there is lots of trash and inferior merchandise around.  Example - a new
set of replacement oil pump gears from M+++ that I saw recently had a
more sloppy fit and more clearance than the old gears they were supposed
to replace.  This was determined by a trusted and knowledgeable local
engine machinist.  Anyway, if I shell out the bucks for a new oil pump
for myself, I'd like to be fairly sure it'll be a Good One To Start
With.  What oil pumps do Healey racers use??  Lobe type or gear type - I
don't care.  I just want a Good One.  Please help me out here and many
thanks !!!
Jack