Driving Lights

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Driving Lights
From: "davidwjones" <davidwjones@cox.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 01:31:19 -0400
Hi List,
I have a pair of Flamethrowers on my badge bar that I haven't wired up yet.
This accessory is common enough that I figure there has to be a "tried and
true" method of wiring them up in a concours built car.... Some questions:

1.) Where do people generally hook into the harness, and where do they attach
to the chassis? (Still positive ground car) Is a rudimentary wiring diagram on
the web anywhere? I assume since both lights are driving lamps, they would be
wired in series?

2.) For routing the wiring, what type wire would you use. How would you route
it to the dashboard switch, and what would you use for wire ties?

3.) Is the Lucas accessory light switch panel shown in the Anderson / Moment
guide still available somewhere? If so, where would you mount it on a BT7
dash? Does anyone have a more slick idea for the switch assy and location?

Thanks,

David W. Jones
'62 Mk II BT7 tricarb
Cumberland, RI USA