Re: Suspension travel - Max Bump & max Droop of the back &

Subject: Re: Suspension travel - Max Bump & max Droop of the back &
From: "Len and/or Marge" <thehartnetts@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 1 Aug 2004 15:47:33 -0700
Don't know what's happening but I sent this twice last night, once without
deleting the trailers (my goof) and once with them deleted.  Neither has
shown up in my Inbox.  So - if it is getting through to The List, this may
be the second or third time you have seen it.  Sorry about that.  (I have
modified this copy slightly)

For Bob and Jerry:

 Bob: Scuttle: My Webster's didn't help much with definitions: bucket for
carrying coal, to run with short quick steps, a hatch, and to sink a ship.
However, in doing a Google, the Wester's on-line dictionary shows related
words and one of them is "bulkhead". I envision the scuttle on our Healeys
as being the bulkhead between the engine compartment and the passenger
compartment. I believe this is confirmed by the method presented on this
List as to how to eliminate scuttle shake by adding metal around the
opening through which the engine/transmission pass. I further see scuttle
shake as being related not only the bulkhead but, by physical connection,
also the dashboard and dashboard cover.  Since the shroud is sandwiched
between the dash cover and the bulkhead, I think the reference to the
scuttle in the Drake measurement is that spot on the shroud that is
directly above the bulkhead. Whew!

Jerry: I think that the measurement from ground to top of wheel opening is
not only a function of the tire diameter but also the condition of the
springs and how much weight is in the trunk including how much gas is in
the tank.  Unladen/dry weight?

(The Other) Len
Vacaville, CA
1967 3000 MKIII HBJ8L39031

Jerry Wall wrote:  wouldn't the measurement from ground to top of wheel
opening be a function of the tire diameter?