Re:

To: <tld6008@mchsi.com>, "Healey list" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re:
From: "Rich C" <richchrysler@quickclic.net>
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2004 17:08:32 -0400
----- Original Message -----
From: <tld6008@mchsi.com>
To: "Healey list" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Sent: Tuesday, August 03, 2004 1:31 PM

> I'm looking for information on rebuilding the seat slides. I have several
and
> most need either the upper or lower bolts replaced. It appears to me that
after
> removing the retaining pin on the end you could drill out the dimples on
the
> sides then slide the pieces apart for access to remove and reweld the
bolts. Am
> I on the right path? What replaces the dimples?
>
> --
> Tim Davis BN7

Tim,
If you first drift out the roll pins at the ends of the seat slide bases,
you can slide the steel balls out the ends by working the slide back and
forth. Sometimes you need to prod them out using a thin blade screwdriver to
help them along. If they're pitted (usually are) any bearing supply can
provide new ones. You don't need to disturb the dimples at all. Then you can
remove the old bolts, install new ones and weld them in place. Reinstall the
steel balls, drift the roll pins back into position and you're done.
Rich Chrysler

Check out the new British Cars Forum: