the reality TV version (No technical content)

To: "Blue One Hundred" <international_investor@yahoo.com>,
Subject: the reality TV version (No technical content)
From: "davidwjones" <davidwjones@cox.net>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2004 23:02:05 -0400
Alan,
I think you owe an apology to any %$&*($#@  DMV workers on the list!!!

The best experience I had was the first time I went to get my BT7 inspected
when I lived in NJ...  I had the hard-top on the car because I did not yet
have a place to store it. The car passed everything with flying colors except
....that the hard top rear window had no etching stating it was shatter-proof.
-So I failed!
I explained that it was Plexiglas, and therefore could not "shatter".  -That
didn't work.
I argued that the top was removable. -That didn't work.
I offered to take the top off and set it aside in their lot to have the car
reinspected. -That didn't work since they said I'd be driving off the property
with it on afterward!!!
I said I would just drive 25 miles home, remove the top, drive 25 miles back,
pass the inspection and drive 25 miles home again.. They said they didn't
care.
I wound up driving down the road about a mile, drove into a field, removed the
top and hid it in the bushes, and drove back to be inspected -again! -and
passed.
.....And yes, the top was still there when I got back, but I was sweating it!

Dave

Check out the new British Cars Forum: