Re: electronic fuel pump conversion

To: "Bruce Starke" <bstarke@redshift.bc.ca>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: electronic fuel pump conversion
From: "Bob Spidell" <bspidell@pacbell.net>
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2004 19:57:17 -0700
Bruce,

I did the conversion ... it ran for a couple hundred miles then quit.
Would pump (air) like crazy on the bench but not in the car.

Bought new and I've put 5,000 miles or so on it w/o any problems.
Supposedly, the early pumps had problems, figure the same for
the conversion kits.

If you like to fiddle with electronics it's not a tough job.

bs
Bob Spidell         San Jose, CA        bspidell@pacbell.net

> Has anyone tried the electronic conversion? I see that Burlen (EPK12N and
> EPK12P) in the UK has them for both negative and positive ground at GBP39.99
> plus VAT and shipping. Are there any local North American suppliers? Or is it
> not worth the bother and just buy a whole new pump?
> Thanks for any advice
> Bruce Starke
> Golden  BC
> Tricarb centreshift--still at Coachwerks in Victoria BC--painting soon!!!
> BJ7 driver
> Longbridge BN4 rusty

Check out the new British Cars Forum: